Girls Rule Foundation is a leader in empowerment and leadership programs
for girls ages 12-18 to help them become our next generation of leaders and world-changers.
Our 5 Empowerment & Leadership Programs:
Join our #GirlsChangeTheWorld movement! – We use our platforms and Tshirts to spread messages of empowerment, encouragement and leadership. “Empowered girls become empowered women who change the world”.
What Is Social and Emotional Learning?
- Self-awareness: Know your strengths and limitations, with a well-grounded sense of confidence, optimism, and a “growth mindset.”
- Self-management: Effectively manage stress, control impulses, and motivate yourself to set and achieve goals.
- Social awareness: Understand the perspectives of others and empathize with them, including those from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Relationship skills: Communicate clearly, listen well, cooperate with others, resist inappropriate social pressure, negotiate conflict constructively, and seek and offer help when needed.
- Responsible decision-making: Make constructive choices about personal behavior and social interactions based on ethical standards, safety, and social norms.
- Leads to Academic Outcomes and Improved Behavior
- 27% more students improved their academic performance
- 24% more students improved their emotional well-being and social behavior
- Studies show decreased dropout rates, school and classroom behavior issues, drug use, teen pregnancy, mental health problems, and criminal behavior
- Impact Is Long-Term and Global
- Can Help Reduce Poverty
- Can help improve Economic Development
- Improves Lifetime Outcomes & Goals
- SEL competencies are critically important for the long-term success of all students in today’s economy