Join our movement! Girls Rule Foundation invites you to consider serving on our Board of Directors or a Committee. Details below.
Before applying for Committees or Board positions please read about:
- Our Purpose
- Our Values
Requirements & Requests – PLEASE read thoroughly:
- You are inspired by our mission and wish to help elevate the impact, resources and reach of Girls Rule Foundation.
- You are committed to offering your time, energy, and expertise.
- You enjoy collaboration and working with a team to accomplish the mission.
- You are looking for an opportunity that offers emotional intelligence, transformation, empowerment, and leadership to girls.
- You are self-motivated, lead an empowered life, and want to create the same opportunities for girls 12-18.
- As a Committee Member, you are committed to donating a minimum of $100 Give/Get during your year.
- As a Board Member, you are committed to donating a minimum of $1000 Give/Get during your year.
Girls Rule Foundation operates with one Board of Directors and four Committees. If you are looking for an opportunity to make a difference join us!
1. The Summer Camp Committee: Mainly active December – July committee
Objective: Help plan and execute our eight-day leadership summer camp held June 2019 in Northern AZ
- Help with the recruitment of camp coaches (Dec-Feb)
- Assist philanthropy committee to secure twenty-five (25) $550 sponsors (one sponsor per camper)
- Provide input on speakers and new camp activities for 2019 camp
- Secure three (3) $5,000 corporate sponsors
- Secure five (5) raffle baskets for our fundraising event at camp
- Recruit five (5) volunteers – for the first day and last day at camp
2. The School Outreach Committee: year-long committee
Objective: Promote dreamLAB program to middle and high schools and secure a minimum of 75 nominees for the BBB Awards Reception on November 3, 2018.
- Call local schools to share information on these two programs
- Always looking for possible exposure to teachers, principles, and parents for these two programs
- Help promote the award nominations to parents and teachers in AZ from August 21 – October 15, 2018
- Identify raffle prizes for our raffle table at the Awards Event Nov 3 2018
3. The Philanthropy Committee: year-long committee
Objective: Secure $104k to help grow our mission and move the movement nationally
- Coordinate and host four (4) wine and cheese receptions at various host’s homes for individuals interested in getting involved with GRF
- Identifying donors and sponsors who are a fit to support our programs and organization
- Represent the organization in the community
- Contribute fresh ideas for fundraising events and sponsors
- Assist the 2019 Camp Committee to secure twenty-five (25) $550 sponsors (one sponsor per camper)
4. The Monthly Shine Brightly Summit Committee: year-long committee
Objective: Plan and execute our monthly Shine Brightly Summit
- Assist Volunteer Coordinator in finding five (5) volunteers per month
- Help market the summit to the community and help invite moms/girls and organizations with girls
- Secure one (1) $250 coffee/breakfast sponsor per month
- Help identify corporate sponsors to become involved with the event
- Provide suggestions for improvements, speakers, and ways to elevate the event
Board of Directors: Six (6) openings (as of July 2018) – Meetings 3rd Wednesday each month 11-1pm.
- This is a governance and fundraising board that supports the mission and vision of Girls Rule Foundation.
- All Board members have a $1000 Standard Give/Get Policy
1. Vice President:
- Accountable for reporting on the monthly mentor reports at each board meeting
- Support and fill in for President when needed at meetings or at events
- The Liason between the 4 Committee Directors and the Executive Board
- This position transitions to become Board President after the President’s term is complete. Serves one year as President.
- Requires a minimum of 2 years of Board Leadership and Fundraising experience
- Accountable for tracking/reporting on all organizational income and expenses each month
- Predict program needs and alignment with fundraising efforts
- Report on monthly fundraising objectives and results
- Requires a minimum of 3 years nonprofit treasurer/budget experience
3. Board of Director Positions four (4) openings: These four Board Positions would be in charge of one committee each. [The descriptions of these committees are above.]
- Chair of Summit committee
- Chair of Philanthropy committee
- Chair of Camp committee
- Chair of School Outreach commit
Fill out the form below and we will be in contact with you: