|Before applying for Committees or Board positions please read about:
- Our Purpose
- Our Values
- Our programs
Requirements & Requests – PLEASE read thoroughly before applying:
- You are inspired by our mission and wish to help elevate the impact, resources and reach of Girls Rule Foundation.
- You are committed to offering your time, energy, and expertise.
- You enjoy collaboration and working with a team to accomplish the mission.
- You are looking for an opportunity that offers emotional intelligence, transformation, empowerment, and leadership for girls.
- You are self-motivated, lead an empowered life, and want to create the same opportunities for girls 12-18.
- As a Committee Member, you are committed to a give/get a standard donation of $100 in your year of service
- As a Board Member, you are committed to give/get a standard donation of $1000 in your year of service
Girls Rule Foundation operates with 1 Board of Directors, 1 Men’s Board and 4 Committees
DETAILS & APPLICATION ARE LISTED BELOW.
1. The Summer Camp Committee: Active July 2019 – June 2020
Objective: Help plan and execute 2 week-long leadership summer camps held June 2020 in Northern AZ
- Help with the recruitment of 14 volunteer camp coaches by Feb 2020
- Assist Men’s Board/Board to secure (50) $550 sponsors (one sponsor per camper)
- Provide input on speakers and new camp activities for 2020 camps
- Secure five (5) raffle baskets of prizes for our fundraising event at camp
- Volunteer for either the first day and last day at camp (or apply to be a coach at camp!)
2. The dreamLAB + Movement Committee: July 2019- July 2020
Objective: Help to successfully launch dreamLAB nationally and launch our Spanish version.
- Share information on this program with middle and high schools, teachers, organizations, homeschoolers nationwide.
- Help secure brands and leaders who want to advocate or financially sponsor this program.
- Share the marketing on this program via your network and social media
- We are always looking for possible exposure (meetings) with teachers, principals, and parent groups for this program.
- Strategize on how to move the movement to reach and engage with more girls.
- We are always looking for partnerships, brands, influencers who can help move the movement
3. The Quarterly Shine Brightly Mother-Daughter Summit Committee: July 2019- July 2020
Objective: Plan and execute our quarterly Shine Brightly Summit (Sept 21, Nov 16, Jan TBA, April TBA)
- Secure Volunteers finding (7) volunteers per Summit
- Help market the summit to the community and help invite moms/girls to attend
- Secure (2) $250 sponsors
- Help identify corporate sponsors to become involved with the event
- Provide suggestions for improvements, speakers, and ways to elevate the event
- We encourage you to volunteer at the events 8am-130pm
4. The BBB Awards Reception Committee: July 2019- Nov 2019
Objective: Plan and execute our annual awards reception on Nov 9 2019 at ASU
- Help to secure 10 Volunteers for the event on Nov 9th at ASU
- Help the chairperson to arrange details for the food and decor for the event
- Gather items for 5-7 raffle baskets
- Secure 3 corporate sponsors for the event
- Help to share the nomination information in your networks, schools, teachers etc.
4. The Men’s Board: July 2019- June 2020
Objective: Secure 5- 7 men for our founding Men’s Board who secure $125k to help grow our mission and help us strategically move the dreamLAB nationally. Meet once a month depending on the President’s direction.
- Identify and secure donors and sponsors who are a fit to support our programs and organization
- Represent the organization in the community and in your network
- Contribute fresh ideas for fundraising events and sponsors
- Assist the 2020 Camp Committee to secure fifty (50) $550 sponsors (one sponsor per camper)
- Participate in our Annual Nominations & Awards Reception Nov 9 2019
- Help strategize our national marketing for dreamLAB afterschool club to schools, organizations, teachers and title 1 schools
- All Board members give a $1000 Standard Give/Get Donation
5. Board of Directors: Meetings 3rd Tuesday each month 11-1pm.
- This is a governance and fundraising board that supports the mission and vision of Girls Rule Foundation.
- All Board members have a $1000 Standard Give/Get Policy
1. Vice President:
- Support and fill in for President when needed at meetings or at events
- The Liaison between the Committees and the Board
- This position transitions to become Board President after the President’s term is complete. Serves one year as President.
- Requires a minimum of 2 years of Board Leadership and Fundraising experience
- Requires knowledge of nonprofit structure and a knowledge and appreciation for SEL work
- Predict program needs and alignment with fundraising efforts
- Report on monthly fundraising objectives and donation results
- Works with our bookkeeper to make sure all financials are well kept
- Requires a minimum of 2 years nonprofit treasurer/budget experience
- Serves on the board of one year with an option of 2 years
Fill out the form below and we will be in contact with you:
CLICK HERE TO APPLY.