Welcome to our
7th Annual Brilliant, Beautiful and Bold
ROLE Model Awards & Mentoring Program.
Pictured: Our current 2018-2019 winners
7th Annual VIP Nominee Reception
Saturday, December 14th 2019, 6-8pm
Arizona State University, School of Space Exploration
We are very excited to host a wonderful evening to end our year. It will be filled with treats, fun, and awards.
At the VIP Reception, we will announce the six Arizona winners for 2019.
Registration is now closed. Tickets are $30 at the door.
We celebrate these girls for their leadership, compassion, and bravery.
Family, Friends, Fans, Supporters, Nominees, and Nominators
are welcome. Tickets are $30 at the door.
- Cocktail attire. (Nice but not fancy/formal)
- There will be Fairytale Brownies and Crumbl Cookies, music & fun!
- There will be 7 amazing raffle baskets to win that are valued at around $500/ea so bring your raffle money!
- Don’t be late – doors open at 5:30pm!
- All nominees will be announced & given certificates.
- You’ll love seeing the Moon Rover & other exceptional space items.
- Enjoy our Dessert Bar. *Dinner will not be served, only small bites and sugary treats.
Thank you to our Sponsors:
RFP Success – We help you create winning proposals.
Design Pickle – #1 graphic design platform that provides unlimited, high-quality design work.
Lotus Labs, Inc – Solving the toughest challenges in emerging technology.
Location: Arizona State University Tempe-
781 Terrace Mall
Tempe, AZ 8528
Building: School of Earth & Space Exploration
(Interdisciplinary Science & Technology Building IV (ISTB 4))
Directions/Parking: Off of RURAL RD, turn on to Terrance Rd there is a parking structure immediately in
front of you on your left and the Space School is next to the parking structure.
Look for our signs and balloons.
Registration is now closed. Tickets are $30 at the door.
Thank you to our 2019 Reading & Selection Committee they will have the hard job
of reading the nominations and choosing our winners:
The BBB Role Model Awards & Mentoring Program is a special way that the
Girls Rule Foundation celebrates and acknowledges girls who embody
two of our Principles: Leadership & Compassion.
What does it mean to be a Brilliant, Beautiful and Bold Role Model of Leadership & Compassion:
- Brilliant – A girl who owns her own strengths and solves problems, fosters positive relationships, advocates for solutions, not drama, she lives for ‘we’ instead of ‘me’. She creates solutions and makes her school or community a better place through her ideas and talents. She is a role model of leadership and solutions.
- Beautiful – A girl who listens to her beautiful heart. She often uses her time, money, voice or energy in local community involvement, volunteerism or making a difference for others in her family or school. She is a role model of kindness, compassion, and giving.
- Bold – A girl who shows courage and bravery in her dreams, actions, choices or leadership. She is not only pursuing her dreams and goals but often helps others to succeed too. She has the boldness to take risks and has the confidence to win or lose with grace. She is a role model of bravery.
Every year we encourage:
to nominate deserving girls for this award!
The 2019 Six Winners will receive:
- 1 year filled with:
- $1000 in total to further their dreams from our Laura Anderson Scholarship Fund
- Leadership mentoring with our amazing mentors Laurie Sliva and Lori Severson
- They are the face of Girls Rule for one year
- Plus many extraordinary opportunities throughout the year.
Nominees must meet these requirements: Nominations are now closed for 2019.
- Be between 12 and 18 years of age as the day of our awards (Dec 14th, 2019)
- Be a U.S. citizen or have a Green Card.
- Be a role model in her community or school and exhibiting leadership and positively impacting others in some ways.
- Provide her name, email, phone, age, grade and name of her current school, plus questions about her dreams and leadership.
- Provide name, email, and phone of the nominator.
- The $1000 total cash is payable each quarter and the winners must be accountable for a mentoring meeting per quarter w/ her success mentor who will help her work on her goals, leadership, and dreams.
- Join our monthly newsletter to be first to know about our events, summer camp, annual nominations and more. Join here.
- We will announce the six winners AT the Nominee Reception at ASU on Dec 14th at 6-8pm. Each nominee receives one complimentary ticket for herself and one for a guest – everyone must register – the nominees are emailed a promo code to use to register. Please join us – tickets are $20 here- for the public, friends and family.
Learn about our past Role Model Award Winners:
2018 Brilliant, Beautiful and Bold Role Model Award WINNERS:
Aleena Valdez, 9th grader, Tolleson Union High School
Lainie Camou, 9th grader, Desert Ridge High School
Grace Johnson, 10th grader, Hamilton High School
Macy Velky, college freshman, Yavapai College
2017 Brilliant, Beautiful and Bold Role Model Award WINNERS are:
Yamile Martinez – 12th grade at Metro Tech High School
Kylie Hunts-in-Winter – 9th grade at Arizona Connections Academy
Stephanie Deleon – 12th grade at Buena High School; Sierra Vista
Chloe Hiller – 9th grade at Arcadia High School
2016 Brilliant, Beautiful and Bold Role Model Award WINNERS are:
Amaiya Brown, 8th grader, Odyssey Institute of Advanced International Studies
Elizabeth Cameron, 9th grader, Pinnacle High School
Macy Maine, 12th grader, Buena High School
Hannah Mason, 8th grader, Pusch Ridge
2015 Brilliant, Beautiful and Bold Role Model Award WINNERS are:
Annika Jackson from BASIS Scottsdale
Jazzlyn Urenda from Bagdad High School
Jessica Symmes from Desert Vista High School
Rimona Rouf from Altadena Middle School
2014 Brilliant, Beautiful and Bold Role Model Award WINNERS:
Zoe Berk from Xavier College Prep
Nia Duplai from Verrado High School
Leslie Schutte from Youngker High School
Kate Whelty from Xavier College Prep
A thank you video dedicated to the donors, supporters and sponsors of this program:
Join our #GirlsChangeTheWorld movement!
We are encouraging girls to learn the skills they need to know their worth and achieve their dreams. We also encourage women’s conferences and empowerment efforts to include girls too.
“Empowered girls become empowered women who change the world”.
Get in action: Join the movement here.
About Girls Rule! Foundation: