Welcome to our 7th Annual
Brilliant, Beautiful and Bold ROLE Model
Awards & Mentoring Program.
Pictured: Our 2017 winners
We are looking for:
who will nominate deserving girls for this award!
The BBB Role Model Awards & Mentoring Program is a special way that the Girls Rule Foundation celebrates and acknowledges girls who embody
two of our Leadership Principles:
– Lead by Your Actions! – Girls learn to lead every day and don’t wait for a title.
– Be Compassionate & Giving! – Girls learn the power of one, and they can be the change they want to see in the world.
The 2019 Six Winners will receive:
- 1 year filled with:
- $1000 in total to further their dreams from our Laura Anderson Scholarship Fund
- Leadership mentoring with our amazing mentors Laurie Sliva and Lori Severson
- Plus many extraordinary opportunities throughout the year.
What does it mean to be a Brilliant, Beautiful and Bold Role Model:
- Brilliant – A girl who owns her own strengths and solves problems, fosters positive relationships, advocates for solutions, not drama, she lives for ‘we’ instead of ‘me’. She creates solutions and makes her school or community a better place through her ideas and talents. She is a role model of leadership and solutions.
- Beautiful – A girl who listens to her beautiful heart. She often uses her time, money, voice or energy in local community involvement, volunteerism or making a difference for others in her family or school. She is a role model of kindness, compassion, and giving.
- Bold – A girl who shows courage and bravery in her dreams, actions, choices or leadership. She is not only pursuing her dreams and goals but often helps others to succeed too. She has the boldness to take risks and has the confidence to win or lose with grace. She is a role model of bravery.
Pictured: our 2018 winners
Nominees must meet these requirements:
- Click on the button above to nominate a girl — the form takes about 15 minutes – nominations close Friday, November 1, 2019.
- Be between 12 and 18 years of age as of Nov 9th, 2019 and a U.S. citizen.
- Be a role model in her community or school and exhibiting leadership and positively impacting others in some ways.
- Provide her name, email, phone, age, grade and name of her current school.
- Provide name, email, and phone of the parent, girl, and nominator.
- The six winners will win $1000 total cash payable each quarter and be accountable for one 60 minute mentoring call per month w/ her success mentor who will help her work on her goals, leadership, and dreams. Please do not nominate her if she does not want mentoring as this is a significant part of the program.
- We will announce the six winners AT the Nominee Reception at ASU on November 9th at 6-8pm where the winners will be awarded. All nominees are highly encouraged to attend. Register below.
- Each nominee receives two complimentary tickets everyone must register – the nominees are emailed a code to use at registration to receive their 2 free tickets. Tickets are open to the public, friends and family for $20. Details below at the sign up button.
2019 VIP Nominee Reception at ASU
Sat., November 9th, 6-8pm
All nominees on are invited to be celebrated & receive a certificate of nomination at the VIP Nominee Reception on November 9th at Arizona State University.
We host this reception so that every nominee is celebrated and acknowledged for her leadership. View our past winners from across Arizona below and click here to watch a past 2018 news segment on this program.
We are very excited to host a wonderful evening filled with treats, fun, and awards for these girls. At the reception, we will announce the six Arizona winners for 2019. Each nominee receives 2 complimentary tickets (nominees are emailed details on how to register below with a promo code) all other tickets are $20 per person.
Family, Friends, Fans, nominees, and nominators sign up for Nov 9th here:
Thank you video for the donors and sponsors of this program:
Learn about our past winners:
2018 Brilliant, Beautiful and Bold Role Model Award WINNERS:
Aleena Valdez, 9th grader, Tolleson Union High School
Lainie Camou, 9th grader, Desert Ridge High School
Grace Johnson, 10th grader, Hamilton High School
Macy Velky, college freshman, Yavapai College
2017 Brilliant, Beautiful and Bold Role Model Award WINNERS are:
Yamile Martinez – 12th grade at Metro Tech High School
Kylie Hunts-in-Winter – 9th grade at Arizona Connections Academy
Stephanie Deleon – 12th grade at Buena High School; Sierra Vista
Chloe Hiller – 9th grade at Arcadia High School
2016 Brilliant, Beautiful and Bold Role Model Award WINNERS are:
Amaiya Brown, 8th grader, Odyssey Institute of Advanced International Studies
Elizabeth Cameron, 9th grader, Pinnacle High School
Macy Maine, 12th grader, Buena High School
Hannah Mason, 8th grader, Pusch Ridge
2015 Brilliant, Beautiful and Bold Role Model Award WINNERS are:
Annika Jackson from BASIS Scottsdale
Jazzlyn Urenda from Bagdad High School
Jessica Symmes from Desert Vista High School
Rimona Rouf from Altadena Middle School
2014 Brilliant, Beautiful and Bold Role Model Award WINNERS:
Zoe Berk from Xavier College Prep
Nia Duplai from Verrado High School
Leslie Schutte from Youngker High School
Kate Whelty from Xavier College Prep
Join our #GirlsChangeTheWorld movement!
We are encouraging girls to learn the skills they need to know their worth and achieve their dreams. We are also encouraging women’s conferences and empowerment efforts to include girls too.
“Empowered girls become empowered women who change the world”.
Get in action: Join the movement here.
About Girls Rule! Foundation: