Just a few testimonials from girls…
- “After camp I feel like I own my voice and feel more confident in my future and what i wanted to do with my life.”
- “I think the lessons from camp will help me become a more optimistic person and I met four of the most amazing friends.”
- “At camp I learned to speak and communicate which will impact my school work and I learned to make better decisions.”
- “I didn’t expect to have so much hidden confidence.”
- “At camp I found my purpose and how to live an intentional and successful life.”
- “I never expected camp to be so much fun. I left more confident, joyful and optimistic”.
- “At camp I learned how to make a plan for my dreams, and take responsibility for my life and for my actions.”
- “I loved camp I trusted all the coaches to talk to and overall it was the most amazing experience.”
- “At camp it helped me remember the big dreams and gave me the tools to follow them. I loved the mini dreamlab too.”
- “I loved all the female professionals that we met because I don’t know what I want to be and it was helpful to hear from them.”
- “At camp I met such great friends, became more confident and showed me how to be more open with people.”
- “The biggest surprise at camp was the ropes course it was totally awesome.”
- “For a long time I didn’t know what my purpose was I found it at camp.”
- “I needed to know how to communicate better with my parents and at school so to learn communication is going to help me be a better friend and daughter.
- “Learning how to manage money and build a business was awesome.”
- I really liked how the camp coaches and the campers were all nice. We all respected each other and had each others back. It was a really comforting feeling to have. Haylee F, age 14
- I liked the activities because the were fun and let us do exercise. I loved the food it was delicious and good for you. I liked how friendly all the girls were at camp, I’ll was able to make new friends. Diana H, age 14
- I can be whatever I want and can do whatever I want to do. I am brilliant, beautiful, and bold. Lanae W, age 14
- It helped me realize college is not a joke and I need to get it together now. Mariah, age 16
- Don’t listen to other people. I am ME. Amida M, age 13
- I will no longer feed the negative wolf. Your person is what you make it. It can be negative or positive. Other people will try to break you but it is up to you to stay strong. Arayah
- The summit helped me picture my future to be able to achieve what I want. Disnny, age 17
- Thank you so much for everything Girls Rule has done for us. My background has put my dreams on hold and being here today has opened my eyes and I know it is not too late for me. Rhiana, age 17.
- The biggest lesson I learned is that I will not be afraid to be myself. It will impact my future by having me think positive about myself. Maddie, age 14
- I learned that being more positive can really make an impact on how we feel and do. I will be able to accomplish the things I dream about and always empower myself. Maddie R, age 14
- I can now declare that I am something, no one has the power to say otherwise. Alayzha, age 14
- The biggest lesson I learned today was that attributes we see in people we admire, are seen in ourselves. We are actually much more and have so much potential than we think we do. Grace R, age 13
A few comments from moms and workshop hosts….
Mckenzie had a wonderful camp experience, and she’s been applying the lessons from camp ever since. In fact, we journal two to three nights a week using the notebook you provided. We work on one of the pillars each week. Lately, we have been sticking to the Responsibility pillar. We’ve both written down the things for which we want to be more responsible, like listening to our greatness voices vs. our smallness ones, and then we talk about ways to do so. We check in with each other on our progress the nights we journal, and if we don’t do as well as we wanted, we figure out ways to do better. It’s such a good way to end the day, spend time together, and set ourselves up for success in everyday life and the future.
Also, before camp, McKenzie wanted to start a business, and she had started coming up with ideas for one that went in all directions, but she stopped at the ideas, wanting me to come up with the “how.” Now that she’s been through the Wings to Fly camp, she’s come up with a business idea, a name for it, a business plan — everything. She’s even budgeted the amount she’ll need to start the business and make a small profit. And because I’m inspired by her progress and she has the “know how” now to guide me, the business I have always wanted is in the works, too. I’m very proud of her! Thank you! -Shay
- Wings to Fly is a great program to help girls development of confidence and skills for the future. I hope my girl can do it next year again. -2017 Camp Parent
- I think that every girl can benefit this camp. I would have loved this camp when I was younger. -2017 Camp Parent
- Camp was exactly what our family and our girl needed! Fantastic group of ladies coaching these girls. Can’t say enough good things about camp and the girls rule foundation. -Joseph A Milan
- Wings to Fly Girls Rule Leadership was a great experiences for my daughter and my family. My daughter was able to learn so much from your incredible program. -Reina Vega
Do you have a testimonial you want to add? Email it to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org