What is a dreamLAB?
dreamLAB is an inspirational after-school club designed just for you! Any girl in middle or high school can start a dreamLAB club!
The dreamLAB experience gives you and your 5-12 friends some fundamental tools to build healthy, empowered and successful lives.
During your meetings you will learn and explore our 12 leadership principles that will help; design your dreams, build your leadership skills, empower your greatness and create positive friendships.
Choose a club sponsor it can be a female community member, teacher or parent! The sponsor’s job is to help when needed and provide a safe environment for the girls to run the club. The meetings themselves are girl-led with the help of our leader kit.
The club meets 12 times and is flexible to start and end at your choice of timing. Most clubs meet weekly for 12 weeks, but you can do it shorter or faster if you choose.
Each club needs one dreamLAB Leader Kit and it has everything you need to run your club.
How it works
Once you have your Leader Kit and have your club prepped then you’ll want to gather your group of girls (each club needs to have a minimum of 5 girls and a maximum of 12 girls), ages 12 to 18. We even give you fun graphics and flyers if you need them to help you spread the word to invite other girls.
Your leader kit will help you prep your club and get you ready to host 90-minute meetings. dreamLAB was created to help you design your dreams, master your leadership skills, empower your greatness and create positive friendships. Follow your dreamLAB leader kit to guide your group through 3 core elements of each meeting:
Your welcome email and your dreamLAB leader kit will be emailed to you and these will guide you through the 12 meetings which consist of 3 core elements at each meeting:
The Dream Circle (30 min)- A fun way to work on dreams
A Weekly Lab (20 min)- Each week you’ll explore one of the 12 leadership principles
An Open Lab (20 min)- Work on either: developing your dreams, planning your community project or engaging with a guest speaker.
Ready to start your club?
Order one dreamLAB Leader Kit Per Club Here.
Each $59 Leader Kit includes:
- The 12 content/lessons/activities for each meeting
- email and app support from Girls Rule Foundation
- Suggestions for your community service project that will help spark ideas
- 12 brilliant, beautiful and bold pink bracelets for your club are mailed to the person who buys the Leader Kit
In the Leader Kit we help the leader prepare her club, for example:
- How to find a sponsor: A female parent, teacher or adult who can be supportive and be present at the meetings.
- Flyers, graphics and ideas on how to invite girls to participate in dreamLAB club.
- How to set dates, times and a place for your meetings
You will receive your Leader Kit via email – please print it out and put it in a folder or binder to keep it safe. It will walk you through how to prep and run your club. We want to encourage each leader to customize your club with your own unique sparkle and leadership style. Feel free to get as creative as you want to set the tone for your club. Have music! Have snacks! Have fun!
Take advantage of support: Email and app support with Girls Rule Foundation are accessible at any time. We also want to see pictures of your club and it just might be shared on our social media!
10 reasons you’ll love running a dreamLAB club:
- You are drawn to make the world a better place
- You love that it is a platform for the girls’ leadership, dreams, and inspiration
- You know that girls with dreams become women with vision
- You love that it is about encouraging each others dreams
- You like gathering friends and having fun each week
- You like making a difference and being a positive influence
- You have big dreams and wants to further your bright future
- You love things that are positive
- You love that this club is unique and not like any other club in school!
- You love that it furthers your leadership skills for your life and bright future